Way, way back in August I posted about the beginnings of my quilt.
Well, I set a goal to finish it and I finished it way ahead of schedule. I'm crazy proud of myself for that one.
I'm just sharing it now, because well, it's the season for it. The colors are showing a bit brighter than they are in real life but it's not too far off. It's definitely less highlighter-y (especially as compared to below.)
I used the Basket Case pattern from Boo Davis' Dare to Be Square Quilting. There were some issues with strip numbers, as in I was told to cut too few of some based on the pattern. But with the amount of fabric that was required for the project, it wasn't a huge deal.
I ordered all of my solid and backing fabric and supplies from fabric.com. They had crazy good deals and crazy fast shipping. And I'm sort of obsessed with the backing fabric, it's from Alexander Henry and a collection called The Ghastlies -- the fabric was called Ghastly Bramble. The mixed in patterned pink and blacks are from Joann Fabrics. I decided to go a bit weird with the brown and blue one, but the pattern has similar vibes to the backing fabric.
I think with this quilt, not being 12 and setting a schedule (and working on it compulsively, despite the August heat) was a massive help to getting it done on time. Plus I'm just better at cutting, sewing and patience now. That said, I'm still working on getting to the "this quilt is meant to be used" stage of quilt ownership. But letting it chill on the ground for photos probably helped with that.